Carrollton City Schools
106 Trojan Drive
Carrollton, GA 30117
The Carrollton Board of Education usually meets on the second Tuesday of each month and typically the Thursday morning preceding the regular meeting to conduct a work session. Visitors are welcome to the meetings.
In order that board members may effectively transact the numerous matters that come before them each month and to expedite business in a competent, efficient and careful manner, it is most important that they have the cooperation of all visitors as requested below:
• Whenever citizens wish to appear before the board to state their interests concerning school matters at regular meeting, it is requested that they notify the superintendent of schools by noon on Friday preceding the second Tuesday of the month, so that this item can be placed on the agenda before it is circulated to the board members that afternoon. This notification is most important since it is sometimes necessary, in a crowded schedule, to re–arrange or perhaps postpone some items in order to take care of the request. It is also very important that the board has an opportunity to study requests before action is taken. If the request is not made by noon on the preceding Friday, the board will not take action on the matter until a subsequent meeting, unless it is of such emergency nature that will prohibit a delay of action.
• An outline or description of the nature of the business should accompany a request to appear before the board. In many cases, this will prevent a delay of action due to necessary or needed research, figures, or information that has to be gathered and considered before a decision can be reached.
• Since the duly elected board members are the citizens' representatives and need to disperse school business in a systematic manner, it is requested that visitors refrain from conversing with board members during business procedures, until such time as visitors are asked to present their purpose or interest in attending. In order for visitors to have some idea of the time that they will be recognized, a general outline of the meeting procedure is listed below:
Call to Order – 6:00 p.m.
Reports from Staff Members
Approval of Previous Minutes, Treasurer's Report, & Budget Overview
Items of Information
(Note: On business concerning personal matters of students or personnel the board will automatically go into executive session. Executive meetings or sessions of the Board shall be called at such time and place as is required for free discussion of personnel or other matters permitted by law which are not appropriate for public announcement until fully developed. Any tentative proposals for action taken at such closed sessions shall require confirmation at subsequent open meetings.)
• It is very important and strongly urged that attempts be made to resolve administrative problems through the appropriate administrative channels before presenting them to the school board.
• It is hoped that visitors attending school board meetings will feel that school board business has been dealt with efficiently and conscientiously and also that visitor interest and input is not only appreciated but encouraged. The welfare of the school children is the sole reason for existence of the Carrollton Board of Education.