Parents Right to Know
August 1, 2023
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Carrollton City School System would like to inform parents that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student’s teacher(s) and paraprofessional(s).
The following information may be requested:
- Whether the student’s teacher:
- Has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Is teaching under an emergency or other provisional status through which Georgia qualifications or certification criteria have been waived; and
- Is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the student is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child’s teacher’s and/or paraprofessional’s qualifications, please contact Dr. Anna Clifton, assistant superintendent of Teaching & Learning, in writing at 106 Trojan Drive, Carrollton, GA 30117 or by phone at 770-832-9633.