Title I Program
What is Title I?
Title I is a federally-funded program which provides services to schools based on student economic need. Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act provides financial assistance to state and local educational agencies to meet the needs of at-risk children. The goal of Title I is to provide instructional services and activities which support students in meeting the state’s challenging performance standards. A Title I schoolwide program permits schools to use resources to upgrade the entire educational program of the school and to raise academic achievement for all the students.
Every Title I School Has
- A comprehensive needs assessment of the school
- Proven methods and strategies for student learning, teaching, and school management based on scientific research
- and effective practices
- Instruction by highly-qualified teachers
- High quality, ongoing, professional development based on scientifically-based research for teachers, principals and paraprofessionals
- Strategies to attract high-quality, highly-qualified teachers to high need schools
- Strategies to increase parent involvement, such as family literacy services
- Plans for assisting preschool children in the transition from early childhood programs
- Measures to include teachers in decisions regarding the use of academic assessments
- Activities to ensure that students having difficulty mastering the proficient or advanced levels of academic
- achievement standards shall be provided with effective, timely, additional assistance
- Coordination and integration of federal, state, and local services and programs
The following Carrollton City School System Schools are designated as Title I Schoolwide programs:
CARROLLTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
2021-2022 Annual Title I Meeting Video
For more information about the Title I program at Carrollton Elementary School, please contact Danielle Carter, CES assistant principal, at 770-832-2120.
CARROLLTON UPPER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
For more information about the Title I program at Carrollton Upper Elementary School, please contact Eric Simmons, CUES assistant principal, at 770-830-0997.